Proper editing can improve your writing, making it more concise, professional, and polished. Editing facilitates communication – your message will be conveyed more clearly when your writing is a pleasure to read and easy to understand.
- correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word usage
- note inconsistencies and omissions
- make stylistic changes to increase clarity
- eliminate unnecessary words and jargon
- suggest structural changes to improve flow
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Toronto, where I studied English, Creative Writing, French, Psychology, and Sociology.
I have several years of experience working as a writer and editor, and regularly update my skills through the Editors' Association of Canada seminars.
I provide friendly, reliable, and prompt service.
Some of my projects include:
- editing web sites and brochures, including promotional copy for small business owners
- writing and editing for the Toronto Free-Net – primarily communications and grant proposals
- editing and proofreading for the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation
- providing copy editing services for ESL clients
- writing articles for newsletters
- providing editing and proofreading support to a magazine editor
- editing biographical materials and magazine articles
- copy editing for graduate students